LIKE on FB

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

RECAP: NYFW Day 1



Cayman Model- NY Model- Cayman Model- Me- Designer Dalvin Brown- Fashionista Colin Manderson
Photo credit: AKI Photos

If you follow me on instagram, then you would know that I attended New York Fashion Week S/S 2015. For someone who is a self-proclaimed, die-hard fashionista, I have never been eager to go to New York- the city of fashion. Prior to this trip, I'd been to New York twice before with the first time being in 2011 because of work, but this trip was simply amazing. An awesome experience that has changed my mind about the big apple.


Even though September is considered Fall, NYFW in September is usually about Spring and Summer wear for the upcoming year, so my outfit reflected the same. Considering that it was NYFW and all the 'who is who' usually bring out their best outfits, I was struggling with what to wear because I really don't have or care much for high-end brand clothing. Either way, I paired a Springy floral blazer with some high waist shorts and open toe sandals and voila, that was my outfit for day 1.








 I met this doll A Sara Dee from the UK. She was around and about capturing shots of everyone and I loved her ensemble and wanted a shot with her. We ended up chit chatting and had a great time.

Photo credit: AKI Photos

When Nic and I went to the Lincoln Centre to take in all the action, we had no idea what we were in for. We had absolutely no idea how many photographers, magazines, agencies were there with cameras. The minute we stepped foot on ground we were swarmed by everyone and when I say everyone, I mean everyone. It was overwhelming to say the least and it got to the point where we just stood in one spot and posed. We couldn't even move if we wanted to. To be amidst people who share the same passion as I do had me buzzing.



I met Dalvin at Cayman Islands Fashion Week in April 2014. He flew in to showcase his line on the island.We instantly gravitated to each other and have kept in touch ever since. The boy is just too fierce!










If you attended NYFW SS 15, please feel free to share your experience. I'd like to hear all about it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email to shadesnstyles(at)gmail(dot)com

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates | Affiliate Network Reviews