LIKE on FB

Friday, November 16, 2012

A La Mode Excitement!

Hi beauties:
 
Recently, I have found myself 'following' many other fashion bloggers such as Naty Michele of A Love Affair With Fashion, Jeimy of Jeimy's Fashion Love Affair, Ashleigh Nicole of the daileigh, Delecia S of Style de la Creme, A La Mode Wearhouse and many more. While I am truly inspired by all of these ladies in some way, and uber fashionable ladies if I might add, there is just something about A La Mode Wearhouse that moves me.
 
This beauty is originally Ghanaian but resides in the US and in her spare time, she sews beautiful pieces from various types of fabric including Kente and Ankara. [be sure to check out her blog]
 
A few days ago, I contacted Chesca asking if she would make a tube skater/flare dress for me from Kente or Ankara to which her response was, "I actually don't sew for others besides Etsy. To be honest, I am not trained in sewing. For some reason, I am not really comfortable sewing for others just in case I ruin it.  I may be able to make you something depending on what it is." I knew EXACTLY where she was coming from when she responded, because this is always my response when people ask me to sew for them.
 
After describing exactly what I wanted, Chesca agreed to make a circle skirt for me and can we say that I literally did cartwheels all the way down the hall. I was over the moon and still am. I don't know why Chesca agreed to make something for me but whatever reason it was, I am oh so thankful.
 
My mom used to make many outfits out of African print material for herself, dad and anyone else who asked her. This is where my original love for African prints began. Although I never owned a piece from mom's African print clothing collection, I enjoyed admiring the prints from a distance.
 
Here are the choices of print I was given. Once I receive my skirt, I will defintely show you the A La Mode magic
 
Option 1

Option 2

Option 3- I chose this one :). IN LOVE WITH IT

Option 4
 
 
 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful pieces. After I looked at them all I agree with the one you choose :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email to shadesnstyles(at)gmail(dot)com

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates | Affiliate Network Reviews